May 9th, 2012 by Adrian
Starling (the hardware accelerated 2D framework for Flash using Stage3D) has been updated to version 1.1.
Some of the new features include …
- Support for Multi-Resolution Development: Create your game for just one resolution and deploy it to any screen out there, simply by providing different sets of textures.
- Use Blend Modes for interesting optical effects, without any sacrifices on performance.
- Enjoy a Performance Improvement on the 1st Generation iPad and comparable devices. Benchmark results skyrocketed by 500%!
- Display Live Statistics (framerate, memory consumption) through the new “showStats” feature.
- Profit from numerous bugfixes and performance improvements throughout the code base.
You can download the latest version from here …
If you are looking for some useful resources to get started, check these links out …
- Good starling Tutorials
- Introducing Starling - Free eBook
- GotoAndLearn - Introducing the Starling Framework
- GotoAndLearn - Starling Particle Effects
- GotoAndLearn - Starling Physics Using Nape
- Download – FlexSDK 4.6 and AIR SDK 3.2 (already merged)
- active tut+ Handling Animation States With Starling
- active tut+ Starling Particle Effects for Stage3D Shooter Games
- Official Starling Forum
- Official Website